Interior designer Kami Gray is teaching a 2-day workshop in October called THE BUSINESS OF DESIGN for those interested in starting their own interior design or decorating business or those wanting to improve upon an existing business. NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY!
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!
We’ll start out broad and then dive deep into what it takes to become a successful interior designer.
Kami will teach you…
- the tools of the trade (programs used to design as well as communicate design plans to clients)
- how to market yourself to get clients (website, Google rank/SEO, social media, press)
- how to grow your instagram following organically (good content is critical, but there’s more to it!)
- where to source home furnishings direct and skip the big box stores (going to market, establishing vendor relationships)
- how to create a winning portfolio when you’re just starting out (or how to finesse your existing portfolio)
- the design process from start to completion on a client project (contracts, floor plans, concepts, renderings, and more)
- how to price out your services (charging hourly vs a flat rate)
- how to hone your design skills (without going to design school)
- how to get free or affordable help (interns and freelancers)
- and so much more, including plenty of laughs and stories!
MESSAGE FROM KAMI: This will be an intense (but super fun!) 2-day workshop via zoom. We won’t just be talking (boring!), we will share design inspiration and review current trends and look at lots of pretty things!
And there will be special guests who have big design brains for Q&A-style sessions. The grand finale is a happy hour celebration because it’s my workshop and I like wine. If tea is more your thing, that’s fine too!
I’m ready to share what I know! I love motivating and inspiring people to have meaningful work that earns them a decent living. Interior Design can be lucrative AND rewarding—if you think this might be your calling, but haven’t acted upon it or haven’t taken it to the next level, let’s fix that!
- Saturday, October 23rd: 8 am to 2 pm, PST
- Sunday, October 24th: 9 am to 3 pm PST
- Attendees must be available to participate in all hours on both days.
- Full refund provided if cancelled prior to 9/23/2021. No refunds given after this date.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!
It’s gonna be a real learnin’ good time!
If all this ‘workshop with other people’ is not how you learn best, Kami also offers private interior design business coaching. Email Kami at firstname.lastname@example.org or text me at 503-957-6122 to learn more or set up a session!